Women’s Caucus for Art Michigan
Welcome to the Women’s Caucus for Art Michigan Chapter (WCAMI). We welcome self defined women artists from Michigan, and those around the country who are interested in what’s happening here.
About Women’s Caucus for Art
The Women’s Caucus for Art (WCA) was founded in 1972 in connection with the College Art Association (CAA). WCA is a national member organization unique in its multidisciplinary, multicultural membership of artists, art historians, art writers, critics, curators, students, educators, and museum professionals.
The mission of the Women’s Caucus for Art is to create community through art,
education, and social activism
We are committed to:
- recognizing the contributions of women in the arts
- providing women with leadership opportunities and professional development
- providing exhibition opportunities for women
- expanding a national network of women in the arts
- supporting local, national, and global art activism
- advocating for equity in the arts for all
As members of the WCA, the Michigan Chapter is dedicated to upholding the mission of the greater WCA while committed to supporting the efforts and vision of Michigan’s women artists.
EMPOWERING WOMEN ARTISTS
Speaker Series Collaboration with Huron River Arts Collective, the Detroit Society of Women Painters and Sculptors and the Michigan Chapter of the Women’s Caucus for Art
2022 Goals and Objectives:
The past two years have brought unprecedented challenges to the chapter. As members work through the pandemic, we remain a supporting group that is looking forward to new beginnings. The Michigan chapter is committed to focusing on diversity in membership, activity and opportunity.
Become a member of WCAMI today!
Membership Outreach Campaign
Membership Fee Breakdown
- Full membership = $70
- Michigan Chapter $20, with required National membership $50
- Student/subsidised = $45
- $25 National subsidy with MI chapter membership ($20)
- Michigan Chapter = $20 (if already a national member)
NEW AND RENEWING MEMBERS
The new membership cycle starts October 1 and ends December 31 the following year.
We follow a calendar year, not a running year.
NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP FEATURES & BENEFITS
All chapter members benefit from belonging to an organization with national reach. Here are the details:
- National exhibition opportunities
- Access mentors, colleagues, and assistants through the online National Membership Directory
- Receive two Artlines Newsletters a year and a monthly email digest PULSE
- List your website and your artwork on the online WCA Member Gallery
- Post your events and openings on the WCA Member Calendar
- Become a Featured Artist, with your art on the WCA homepage
- Take part in Regional and Inter-Chapter Activities
- Attend WCA’s Annual Conference, along with a day of The Feminist Art Project (TFAP) Panels
- Attend the Annual Lifetime Achievement Awards Gala and meet in person the most celebrated living women artists of our day
- Apply for Chapter Development Funds, Chapter Matching Funds, or a WCA ConferenceTravel Scholarship
- Lead your peers and strengthen your professional skills
- Advocacy for Women in the Arts
- Fiscal Sponsorship under 501(c)3, if you have a funding opportunity that requires non-profit tax-exempt status
- Free one-year Premium Membership to TheArtList.com, a leading online resource for artists looking for income and exhibition opportunities, and calls for art contests, competitions, art residencies, workshops and more