Women’s Caucus for Art Michigan
Welcome to the Women’s Caucus for Art (WCA) Michigan Chapter. We are in the second phase of updating our website. We apologize if you are looking for specific information from our previous site. We will make that available soon.
About Women’s Caucus for Art
The Women’s Caucus for Art was founded in 1972 in connection with the College Art Association (CAA). WCA is a national member organization unique in its multidisciplinary, multicultural membership of artists, art historians, students, educators, and museum professionals.
The mission of the Women’s Caucus for Art is to create community through art, education, and social activism. WCA is committed to recognizing the contribution of women in the arts; providing women with leadership opportunities and professional development; expanding networking and exhibition opportunities for women; supporting local, national and global art activism; and advocating for equity in the arts for all.
The mission of the Women’s Caucus for Art is to create community through art,
education, and social activism
We are committed to:
- recognizing the contributions of women in the arts
- providing women with leadership opportunities and professional development
- expanding networking and exhibition opportunities for women
- supporting local, national, and global art activism
- advocating for equity in the arts for all
As members of the WCA, the Michigan Chapter is dedicated to upholding the mission of the greater WCA while committed to supporting the efforts and vision of Michigan’s women artists.
Why are there no great women artists?’ sounds as ignorant of human geography as the query ‘Why are there no Eskimo tennis teams?
— Francine du Plessix Gray
2020-21 Goals and Objectives:
This year has brought its own challenges which has created priorities for our members and women artists. This chapter has committed to focusing on diversity in membership, activity and opportunity. Please see our slides below on our goals for 2020 and 2021
Become a member of WCAMI today!
Membership Outreach Campaign
Membership Fee Breakdown
- Full membership = $70
- Michigan Chapter $20, with required National membership $50
- Student/subsidised = $45
- $25 National subsidy with MI chapter membership ($20)
- Michigan Chapter = $20 (if already a national member)
The new membership cycle starts October 1 and ends December 31 the following year.
We follow a calendar year, not a running year.
If you belong to a chapter, please renew through your chapter, otherwise, download the application form and mail in your check, or use our PayPal option.
MEMBERSHIP FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Access mentors, colleagues, and assistants through the online National Membership Directory
- Receive two Artlines Newsletters a year and a monthly email digest Pulse
- List your website and your artwork on the online WCA Member Gallery
- Post your events and openings on the WCA Member Calendar
- Feature your art on the WCA homepage
- Take part in Regional and Inter-Chapter Activities
- Take advantage of national exhibition opportunities
- Member discounts for WCA’s Annual Conference the the Lifetime Achievement Awards Gala
- Attend WCA’s Annual Conference, along with a day of The Feminist Art Project (TFAP) Panels
- Apply for Chapter Development Funds, Chapter Matching Funds, or a WCA ConferenceTravel Scholarship
- Lead your peers and strengthen your professional skills
- Design, curate and realize exhibitions
- Advocacy for Women in the Arts
- Fiscal Sponsorship under 501(c)3, if you have a funding opportunity that requires non-profit tax-exempt status
- Free one-year Premium Membership to TheArtList.com, a leading online resource for artists looking for income and exhibition opportunities, and calls for art contests, competitions, art residencies, workshops and more