At Ann Arbor Women Artists space, 4844 Jackson Road Suite 100 Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
On Saturday, November 18, from 10 am to 1 pm.
Join us to make artwork for the WCAMI book project, “Year of Resistance 2017: Artists Moved to Action”. Or you can bring finished work to be photographed and formated. A complete submission can be made if you bring a check for the entry fee. For the members of WCAMI, DSWPS and AAWA, the entry fee is $15, for non-members, the fee is $20.
The workshops are free, non-members welcome.
TO CONFIRM FOR THE WORKSHOP, SIGN UP ON WCA MICHIGAN FACEBOOK
Here is the full CALL FOR ART, read below.
Year of Resistance 2017: Artists Moved to Action
A book of resistance art by Michigan women artists in 2017
Call for ART:
During a year of political turmoil, there has been an outpouring of fierce new expression. For this book project, the Women’s Caucus for Art Michigan Chapter will gather a collection of work from women artists in Michigan to commemorate this activity. Each artist will have a set format of one 11” high x 14” wide page to fill with work – painting, sculpture, writing, poetry, photography or multimedia – anything that can be clearly represented in digital photographic form. The work should have been made in 2017.
- Emailed images and entry fee due – January 5, 2018
- Notification of acceptance – January 12, 2018
- Book checks due – January 20, 2018
- Book completed – February 1, 2018
- Book Party and artist book pick up – TBA
Entry Fee (Non refundable):
$15 for up to 2 works (only one work will be accepted from each artist) for members of the Women’s Caucus for Art Michigan, the Ann Arbor Women Artists and the Detroit Society of Women Painters and Sculptors.
$20 for non-member Michigan women artists.
Mail entry check to: Brenda Oelbaum, 9949 Huron Creek Drive, Dexter, MI, 48130
Artwork and entry fee due: January 5, 2018
Artists with work in the book will commit to buying one book for $20.
Guidelines for Entry Submission:
- Enter a digital PDF, TIF, or JPG. RGB color mode is best, size 11.25” high x 14.25”wide (includes bleed), horizontal (it can be larger, in the same proportions, but not smaller) at 300 dpi.
- Include all text on the artwork or in the submission – anything you want to include such as your signature, title of the piece, date, and any statement you wish to make. If you don’t want to include any text that’s fine, too. No extra text or artist information will be added to your page. The text should be incorporated into your image. If you hand-write or print your text, please make it large enough to be legible.
- EDIT YOU OWN TEXT! Check spelling, numbers, dates and all information. We will not be able to edit your text.
- How to format your work: draw a horizontal rectangle 11.25”high x 14.25”wide and fit your artwork and text into the rectangle. Pin the paper to a wall, light the work, and take a high resolution (300 dpi), well focused photo of the rectangle. Or best of all, get a professional photograph of your work. This is highly recommended to have a reproduction of printable quality in the right proportions. If you have trouble formatting your work, email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Submission fee: $15 for members of the WCAMI, AAWA and DSWSP. For all non- members, submission fee is $20. DUE by January 5, 2018.
- Fill out “Artist Information” sheet at the bottom of the page and enter it with your check.
- Make your entry fee check out to: Women’s Caucus for Art, Michigan
Mail them to: Brenda Oelbaum, 9949 Huron Creek Drive, Dexter, MI, 48130
- Submit art work as a PDF or JPG by email to: email@example.com
Include in the subject line: Year of Resistance book submission. Include your artist information in the cover letter. Attach up to 2 images each in the correct format.
Art and Entry Fee due date: $15 for members, $20 for non-members, due by January 5, 2018. If we have not received your entry fee by this date, your work will not be eligible.
The Final Book: Each artist whose work is accepted will commit to buying one copy of the book for $20.
Accepted art works announced: January 12, 2018.
Book Fee due: January 20, 2018. Make $20 check out to: WCA Michigan. Mail to: Brenda Oelbaum, 9949 Huron Creek Drive, Dexter, MI, 48130
Book completion date: February 1, 2018
Book Reception Party: There will be a book party in late February to celebrate the completion of the book. Place and time to be announced.
Sponsors and Partners: The Women’s Caucus for Art Michigan is the original sponsor of this project. Supporting partners are the Ann Arbor Women Artists and the Detroit Society of Women Painters and Sculptors. Members and non-member Michigan women artists are invited to submit their work. The book entries will be curated but not juried.
Workshops: WCAMI will give workshops during the fall for artists to work on a page, or bring in finished work to be formatted and photographed. If you have finished work, you can complete the submission if you bring a check for the entry fee.
#1 Workshop – Saturday, November 4, from 10 am to 1 pm. at the Grosse Pointe Congregational Church.
#2 Workshop – Saturday, November 18, from 10 am to 1 pm at the AAWA site, 4844 Jackson Road Suite 100 Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARTIST Information Sheet:
Fill out and include it with your entry check.
Title of artwork_________________________________________________
Member of Organization – WCAMI____ AAWA____ DSWPS _____
PROJECTS LIKE THIS REQUIRE WORKERS.
I will work for a committee (check at least 1):
collating artists’ entries for book_____, organizing book party_____, future exhibitions_____, membership drive_____, fund raising projects_____, state newsletter_____, national liaison_____